After making beet soup, I was left wondering what to do with the greens. They looked great and I could not bare to throw them out so I decided to make a quick side with them. Beans go great with greens and I had a can of Great Northerns in my pantry that was just the right pairing but really any bean would work.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 15.5 oz can Great Northern Beans drained & rinsed
- Greens from 2-3 beets shredded
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add beans to pan and cook 2-3 minutes until beans are heated through. Tossing occasionally.
- Add shredded greens and cover for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper and toss.
- Serve hot.