When I first told the boys I was going to make beet soup they were not so thrilled. Honestly, I just wanted to make it because I thought it would look pretty. Fortunately the soup ended up tasting as nice as it looks and the boys were quickly won over by this fuchsia concoction.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 beets
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chop onions and sauté in olive oil until soft. About 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Peel and cube beets.
- Add beets and half of stock to pan.
- Cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes until beets are tender.
- Pour beet mixture into blender, add remaining vegetable stock, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. Serve hot.