When you think of gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free vegan cookies, you probably don’t imagine these tasty little bites. What I love most about these cookies is how moist and chewy they are thanks to the banana. You can customize this basic recipe depending on your tastes and what you have available in your pantry. Enjoy!
- 1/2 rounded cup oats (quick or rolled, both worked well for me)
- 2 rounded tbsp garbanzo bean flour (if you don’t mind the gluten, all-purpose flour also works)
- 1 ripe banana (the more ripe the better)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/8-1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate* mini morsels (ok for me this is not optional, maybe some people don’t like chocolate, just not in my family)
- 1/8-1/4 cup slivered almonds* (or any other chopped nuts you have on hand)
- 1/8-1/4 cup chia* seeds
- 1/8-1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
* denotes ingredients used in batch pictured.